[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6 WMS / PostGIS Problem

Rob McCulley RMcCulley at county24.com
Fri May 20 13:35:41 EDT 2011

I'm trying to upgrade to Mapserver 6, but I'm having some difficulty with my PostGIS layers.  I've made all of the style / symbology changes required by Version 6, as well as adding the "wms_enable_request" "*" line to the WEB section.  My raster and shapefile layers work fine.  Any mapfile that has a postgis layer won't work at all.  On a GetCapabilities request, the cgi executable just churns away at 100% CPU usage, but never produces a result.  A GetMap request produces the same result.  I running on windows 7, and I've tried the binaries from both MS4W as well as the ones available from Tamas.  I also tried to roll my own, but all returned the same results.

It doesn't appear to be a problem with the mapfile or the postgis access, because shp2img produces images just fine.  It's only WMS requests that don't work.

An example mapfile is below.  It works fine with shp2img, but hangs on any WMS request.

Thanks in advance,
Rob McCulley

Mapfile:

MAP
    NAME "WMS-test"
    STATUS ON
    SIZE 800 800
    SYMBOLSET symbol.sym
    EXTENT 497444 5856659 566947 5971683
    UNITS METERS
    WEB
        IMAGEPATH "/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/tmp/"
        IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
        METADATA
            "ows_enable_request" "*"
            "wms_title" "WMS Demo Server"
            "wms_onlintresource" "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=wmstest.map&"
            "wms_srs" "EPSG:26912"
        END
    END
    CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/proj/nad/"
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:26912"
    END

    LAYER
        NAME "parcels"
        METADATA
            "wms_title" "Parcels"
        END
        TYPE POLYGON
        STATUS OFF
        CONNECTION "host=gpsserver dbname=CVR user=***** password=*****"
        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
        DATA "shape FROM (SELECT id AS oid, geom AS shape FROM titles WHERE county = 1) AS foo USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=26912"
        PROJECTION
            "init=epsg:26912"
        END
        CLASS