AW: [mapserver-users] Sporadically "Cannot create OCI handlers"

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Wed Oct 26 03:58:03 EDT 2011

How do you use MapServer, do you use FastCGI? And which version? I had
the same problem and I believe with v6.0.1 it doesn't happen anymore. I
guess it happens when a connection handle isn't used for some time, the
database server already closed it and MS picks it up but doesn't handle
the error properly.
But this is only a guess and happens so rarely that it's really hard to
debug. How often does it occur on your site? Are you able to try without
CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER?