[mapserver-users] PHP-Mapscript and PHP Apache DSO - any progress?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 14 19:52:56 PST 2012

It's my understanding that when running PHP-Mapscript with PHP as an Apache DSO, under heavy loads it can randomly hiccup/trip/crash or otherwise not perform correctly.  So I've been maintaining an OS X PHP-CGI package to go along with my MapServer package.

Is this still a problem?  Maybe I missed a fix for this?  Or is it being worked on (or not being worked on)?  Or is it an unsolvable problem (maybe due to the nature of a DSO)?

I'm thinking about simplifying my OS X GIS/carto stack and dropping my PHP-CGI package in favor of the OS X system PHP-DSO (a bit old) or some other better-maintained PHP package for OS X (which will likely be a DSO).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect