[mapserver-users] PHP-Mapscript and PHP Apache DSO - any progress?

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Tue Nov 20 10:37:51 PST 2012

William

I cannot say anything for Mac OS in this respect. But at least for Linux
running Apache in the classical pre-fork MPM I did not experience
problems with PHP-MapScript running as an Apache DSO. Also some stress
tests with benchmarking using multiple WMS requests with on MapScript
OWS as server backend did not cause problems.

I sometimes noticed some irregular, strange, and difficult to reproduce
problems with MS 6.0 and PHP Mapscript (Apache or CGI segfaults), but
that was independent of PHP with Apache DSO or as CGI, and this never
ever happened with MS 5.x.

armin