[mapserver-users] MapCache with GTiff Cache

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 01:44:57 PDT 2013

Arthur,

The TIFF cache backend is efficient and performant, however it is not easy
or flexible to setup. Basically you *must* ensure that the provided TIFFs
are exactly aligned to your mapcache grid, and this for every zoom level
you want to serve.
I would suggest you create a TIFF cache from scratch on the "test"
datasource , by enabling tiff write support in mapcache. Once you have
browsed/seeded a few layers, the structure of what mapcache is awaiting
given the <template> you provide will hopefully be clearer.

Remove the <base> from your tiff source, use only the <template> and give
it a full path, e.g.
 <template>/path/to/tiff-cache/{tileset}/{grid}/L{z}/R{inv_y}/C{x}.tif</template>

Please submit a patch to the docs if you think they should be enhanced.

--
thomas