[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6.2.1 upgrade breaks Mapcache

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 26 05:10:46 PDT 2013

I upgraded my Ubuntu (12.04) system today and MapServer upgraded to 6.2.1.

sudo apt-get upgrade

upgraded packages: cgi-mapserver mapserver-bin php5-mapscript

I tried to restart apache2 to update my MapCache config and it failed with:

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mapcache.so into server:
libmapserver-6.2.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Action 'configtest ' failed.

Do I need to reinstall MapCache? What is the procedure to fix this? How can
I avoid this problem in the future?

Thanks,
Worth