[mapserver-users] WFS in MapServer?

Saka Royban sakaroyban at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 05:53:24 PDT 2013

Thanks Jukka for your help
I wasn't asking a specific question but a general question. To make it short, my real question was that "Does mapserver performs reliably in providing WFS server so that we can rely on GML responses of WFS server?"
To explain my situation, i'm using data from MS101 demo. I'm making a query client-side to get features where "NA2DESC = 'Canada'", as you can see in following link:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ms101/htdocs/wfs.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=continents&MAXFEATURES=100&Filter=<Filter><PropertyIsEqualTo><PropertyName>NA2DESC</PropertyName><Literal>Canada</Literal></PropertyIsEqualTo></Filter>

When i perform the same query in ArcGIS, i get more than 5000 records selected. But, when  i use above link, i get 23 records in received GML (which is blow 100 threshold) [ i use QGIS for viewing GML]

This is my mapfile :

MAP
  NAME           "MS101"
  EXTENT        -180 -90 180 90 # Geographic
  SIZE           800 400
  IMAGECOLOR     128 128 255
  SHAPEPATH '../data'
    FONTSET '../fonts/fonts.list'

  IMAGETYPE png24

    OUTPUTFORMAT

        NAME "OGRGML"
        DRIVER "OGR/GML"
        FORMATOPTION "STORAGE=filesystem"
        FORMATOPTION "FORM=multipart"
        FORMATOPTION "FILENAME=result.gml"
    END

  PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"
    END

    WEB
        METADATA
            wfs_title "WFS101"

            wfs_onlineresource "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ms101/htdocs/wfs.map&"
            wfs_srs "EPSG:4326"
            wfs_enable_request "*"
              wfs_maxfeatures "100"

        END
    END

  LAYER # World polygon classified by continents begins here
    NAME         continents
    DATA         'shapefile/Countries_area'
    STATUS       on
    TYPE         POLYGON
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
        METADATA
            wfs_title "continents"
            #wms_enable_request "*"
            gml_include_items "all"
            gml_featureid        "ID"
            #gml_geometries     "geom"
            #gml_geom_type        "polygon"

        END

    CLASSITEM    'NA3DESC'
    LABELITEM    'NA3DESC'
    CLASS
      NAME       'Africa'
      EXPRESSION 'Africa'
      STYLE
        COLOR    255 128 128
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     12
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME       'Antarctica'
      EXPRESSION /Antarctic./ #'Antarctic Area'
      STYLE
        COLOR    128 255 128
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     10
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME       'Asia'
      EXPRESSION 'Asia'
      STYLE
        COLOR    0 0 255
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     10
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION auto
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME       'Oceania'
      EXPRESSION /Australia*/ #'Australian Area'
      STYLE
        COLOR    255 255 128
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     10
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME       'Europe'
      EXPRESSION 'Europe'
      STYLE
        COLOR    255 128 255
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     10
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME       'North America'
      EXPRESSION 'North America'
      STYLE
        COLOR    128 255 255
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     10
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME       'South America'
      EXPRESSION 'South America'
      STYLE
        COLOR    255 192 96
      END
      LABEL
        COLOR    64 64 64
        OUTLINECOLOR 212 212 212
        TYPE     TRUETYPE
        FONT     vera_sans-bold-italic
        SIZE     10
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 250
        BUFFER   4
      END
    END
  END # World polygon classified by continents ends here

Any help would be really appreciated.
Regards.