[mapserver-users] Serving tiled image sets with MapServer?

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Feb 10 21:54:19 PST 2014

Hi,

First step is to follow the GDAL WMS driver page examples and write a XML configuration file for your tile service. Let's call it my_service.xml. You can test if the file is correct with GDAL utility programs. If "gdalinfo my_service.xml" is listing info about your service and "gdal_translate -of GTiff -srcwin 0 0 1000 1000" my_service.xml test_out.tif" writes out a small image you are ready to use your service with Mapserver. After that you should be ready to use your tile data with Mapserver as
LAYER
  NAME "Layer from tiles"
  DATA "my_service.xml"
  TYPE RASTER