[mapserver-users] Can QUERY mode process XY as map/data coordinates instead of pixel XY?

Eduardo Kanegae eduardo.kanegae at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 09:10:48 PST 2014

hi,

I'm running MapServer 6.4.0 under Linux and I need to render an output
query map (hilighting matched feature) using an URL like this:
* IMPORTANT: this 2nd query map is being rendered after a 1st query
mode - it's embed into layer's template.

http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?MAP=../mymap.map&MODE=query&LAYERS=all&QFORMAT=AGG8&MAP_SIZE=440+440&IMGEXT=[shpext_esc
expand=75]&QLAYER=[cl]&IMG.X=220&IMG.Y=220

BUT, I do not want to inform IMG.X and IMG.Y because this works only
if I select a simple a flat line. If I choose a "curved line" (not
simple flat line), XY will fall OUTSIDE the line and then my simulated
"click into center" (220, 220) fails.

Then, I wanted to know if is there a way to pass img.x and img.y as
map coordinates, not pixel coordinates.

thanks in advance.

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com | @webmapit