[mapserver-users] OSM base map selection

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Thu Apr 21 09:23:11 PDT 2016

Hi all.
I want to use OpenStreet Map as a base layer and my own polygons that Mapserver will pull from PostGIS tables.  I'm a bit confused about the OSM concept and I was thinking of just using openlayers to render the OSM and... that's it..!  But then I came across this article https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Rendering-OSM-data-on-Ubuntu-12.04  so....
what is a good approach?  and what is the difference between these two approaches?
Regards,Stefanos.