[mapserver-users] Different positions of feature points in MapServer 6.4 and 7.0.1

Kloß, Thomas - LISt Thomas.Kloss at list.smwa.sachsen.de
Fri Apr 22 08:12:31 PDT 2016

Dear MapServer users,

we are using two different mapserver version in our organization: 6.4 and 7.0.1. In each mapfile there is a so called "copyright layer" with some origin information:

LAYER
            NAME Watersign
            GROUP "Orthofotos"
            STATUS ON
            TRANSFORM ll
            TYPE POINT
            MINSCALEDENOM 60
            MAXSCALEDENOM 2000000
            FEATURE
                        POINTS 340 -20 END
                        TEXT 'Copyright by XYZ'
            END
            CLASS
                        LABEL
                        TYPE TRUETYPE
                        FONT "Sans-Bold"
                        SIZE 7
                        ANTIALIAS FALSE
                        COLOR 200 200 200
                        END
            END
            UNITS PIXELS
            METADATA
            WMS_TITLE 'Watersign'
            WMS_SRS 'EPSG:25833'
            wms_enable_request "!GetCapabilities"
            END
END

The position of this text layer however differs between the two mapserver versions. Although they have the same code in the mapfile, the text layer is not shown at the same place but is slightly shifted.

Do we have to update to 7.0.1 for the text to be at the right place or is there an alternative solution?

Many thanks and kind regards

Thomas