[mapserver-users] how remove the geometry from wfs response

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jun 16 08:03:50 PDT 2017

On vendredi 16 juin 2017 14:51:35 CEST Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> This behavior is documented http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html and
> http://mapserver.org/output/ogr_output.html. The latter seems to contradict
> the documentation on the former that states that OGR output doesn't honor
> that metadata setting.

Steve,

Are you pointing to

"""
*ows/wfs_geomtype*
(Optional, metadata shared with OGR output[1]). Set the geometry type of OGR layers
created from this MapServer LAYER. One of “Point”, “LineString”, “Polygon”, “MultiPoint”,
“MultiLineString”, “MultiPolygon”, “GeometryCollection”, “Geometry”, or “None”
"""
???
I don't see any contradiction between the 2 pages, so not sure you are pointing to this.

What I pointed to was "gml_geometries" "none"

Actually when looking in the code, my feeling is that "ows_geomtype" "None" works
mostly for OGR output. "ows_geomtype" is only taken into account by GML output to
determine if the geometry is 2.5D or not. What a mess !

http://www.spatialys.com

--------
[1] http://mapserver.org/output/ogr_output.html#ogr-output