[Journal] Offer to join the editorial team

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 7 11:44:26 EDT 2007

Dear Markus,
Thank you very much for your offer and interest in the journal.

On 6-Aug-07, at 11:34 PM, Dr. Markus Lupp (Müller) wrote:
>> I would like to offer to join the editorial team. I could imagine
>> filling in different kinds of roles, just let me know where help
>> is needed.

We have a few areas that need some help.  A few of the specifc
positions are listed here:
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Journal#Open_Positions

I would love it if you could officially serve as either of these:
* Editor, Topical Studies
* Editor, Developer Announcements
Though the other areas also need some attention.

> General/Technical
> - Spatial Data Infrastructures
> - Open Geospatial Consortium: Standards and processes
> - OGC Styled Layer Descriptor and Symbology Encoding (I am the
> current editor of these specs)

With your interest and expertise, it reminds me that I would like to
focus on symbology and SLD in the future.

>> I have to admit that because of my movement to Indonesia in
>> November I may not be available at all times during the next thre
>> months. But I will try my best to do any work that is assigned to
>> me as fast as possible.

The next edition will be a little bit different - it will focus on
the proceedings from papers presented at FOSS4G.  We will have to
start thinking about this shortly, but hopefully it will be wrapped
up before your move.

I hope all is well, I'm focusing on the Journal today, having fallen
behind a bit the past few weeks.

Best wishes,