[Journal] Please proof-read...

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:23:09 EDT 2007

I have glanced over Yann's article about GRASS/MPI and fixed some
minor issues in SVN such as

fixed dollar in verbatim
fixed comments in code
fixed underscores

(file programming/yann/Akhter_Chemin_Aida.tex)

I think that the layout still needs a kick ( too much white
space here and there, also some unfortunate page
breaks). You can often fix things by adding/removing
vertical space by

% make page one text line larger:
\enlargethispage{\baselineskip}

or

% make page one text line shorter:
\enlargethispage{-\baselineskip}

Question 1:
tex_support/OSGeo_wTag.pdf
has sort of wheel reflection at the bottom - intentionally?

Question 2:

<shameless_plug>
Do we want to advertise upcoming new books from the
OSGeo arena?
</shameless_plug>

Markus

On 9/3/07, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to get the Journal published this week.  Could everyone
> please have a read over it and check for typos, poor english or bad
> wording?
>
> * see http://tinyurl.com/2s737v
>
> I'm almost done a layout review and will be launching into a finer
> level proof read, but I really could use the help if you have a some
> time to spare.
>
> If you are not able to edit the documents themselves, please just
> email edits to me.  Hopefully in the next 24 hours I'll have all my
> changes made.  If you are going to do some edits or submit some to
> me, please tell me ASAP so I know to expect them.  If you see layout
> problems, mention it too, but perhaps to the whole list so that
> others can help me fix it.
>
> Comments, edits, suggestions from anyone are welcome, as long as they
> don't tempt me to delay it further ;-)  More editors and proof
> readers are welcome and needed.
>
> Thank you for the great work getting this all together.
>
> Tyler
>
> Editor in Chief
> OSGeo Journal

Open Source Geospatial Foundation