[Journal] Regrouping for 2008 - quick questions

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 24 11:44:29 EST 2008

Hi Tyler,

* Will you continue/discontinue to work on the journal this year?  Or
if you are new, are ready to start contributing now?

I would like to continue to work with the Journal team.

* Would you like your role to change in some way?  How/where/why
would you like to help?

I've been trying to gauge if the News section is performing a redundant task
within the Journal.  On the one hand I think it provides a good synopsis of
what's going on in the OSGeo world but perhaps this is not something readers
are interested in from this publication.  If it's useful then great!  If not
I'd like to figure out what can be changed (with the help of the team) and
how best to implement it.

* How can we get more content through our process faster? E.g.
improve getting from drafts-->to final easier?

I agree with Landon - a calendar would help immensely.

* What were your top annoying things about the production process in
2007?

I again agree with Landon - LaTex.

* What was the highlight of 2007 Journal volumes for you?

I thought that Journal offering was fantastic.  It looked professional and,
more importantly, the content was top notch.

* What's the biggest challenge for the Journal in the future?
(solutions welcomed too :) )

I see translation as being the biggest challenge.

* Was 3 volumes in one year too many?  just right? too few?

I'm partial to two volumes per year but can envisage up to four to
accommodate content.

Best regards,
Jason