[Journal] Finally getting started on Volume 12.

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Apr 16 08:04:52 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Landon Blake
<sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today I finally started doing the real work of getting Volume 12 of the
> OSGeo Journal published. I edited and formatted the Korean Chapter and
> Italian Chapter annual report items. The body text has been committed to
> SVN. I'll get the edited copies reviewed by both of the chapters.

I think that reviews by the author are helpful.  As in previous
volumes, I'm interested in copyediting.

> Once that is done, I can start on the PDF and HTML versions.

What is our native working format and intended conversion process?  I
think that conversions should happen after we are done editing.

> I hope to write the California Chapter and OSGeo Incubation Committee annual
> report items tomorrow.
>
> We're waiting on reports from the Summer of Code Committee, the UK Chapter,
> and one of our sponsors. They've all committed to a contribution for Volume
> 12.

Additional reports are trickling in which is nice.

> My publication goal for the annual report was March, which I've obviously
> missed. I'd like to try and get this done by the end of April.

What are our publication goals and process?  I'd like it to include
coming to a conclusion on the work and announcing it on the OSGeo news
channels and other outlets.

Best Regards, Eli