[Journal] Editing access to journal.osgeo.org OJS instance

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Aug 21 15:31:58 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Christian Willmes <c.willmes at uni-koeln.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I enrolled Me (cwillmes), Eli (elil), Franz-Josef (fjbehr) and Barend
> (barend) as Journal Managers. Landon (surveyor) was already Jounal Manager.

Thanks, I've logged in and it works as expected.

> I futher propose to disable the public user registration on the OJS,
> because we have about 10 spam account sign ups a day. The userdatabase
> has already >30,000 entries.

I like this idea, especially if we responsively and promptly approve and
add new users upon request.  Generally I know that there are some people in
open communities (wikipedia, OSGeo, others) vehemently opposed to
restricting barrier free access, they have some good arguments too.  It
just seems like the only manageable way to me.

Eli