[OSGeo Oceania] Board - sharing budget doc

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 01:47:48 PDT 2019

Hi John,

For FOSS4G-2009 we used a Professional Conference Organising (PCO) company to help us put the event together.

This proved to be very helpful to the LOC in getting the event organised and run smoothly.

I would recommend this approach in future events as it reduces the event risk and the LOC volunteer load considerably.

There are of course costs involved...

I don’t know if this factor is included in the information that you have below.

I do know that PCO treat their budgets as intellectual property that must be protected. Therefore, this is a situation where we need to be careful with what is made public.

In addition, if PCO costs are not included in the budget info below, making the budget public may also be detrimental to us obtaining a suitable competitive quote should we decide to use a PCO later.

Therefore, I recommend not making this specific information publicly available.

By all means use a process that makes the budget info available to registered potential bidders via other means.

My 2c.

Kind regards,

Bruce