[GeoForAll-UrbanScience] Spatial analysis of social media

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 30 08:34:25 PDT 2015

Hi Charlie,

OSGeo has a whole community of volunteers who manage the OSGeo
architecture, they are referred to as SAC (or Systems Architecture
Committee).  This kind of question should of course be asked directly to
them (through an email to their mailing list, subscribe at
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac).  There you would ask for
opinions of hosting and listing your needs (there might be an open
source version, able to install on our servers, of BaseCamp for
example).  Likely then they/SAC would ask you to file a ticket in their
Trac system to have that software installed
(https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/), and then through that ticket you would
get the login details, test, and provide feedback to SAC.

So, you can see, this needs a champion from GeoForAll, to follow through
from beginning to end.

Note that I am not part of SAC so I cannot make any decisions.  But,
that is the process, and to be honest, you should definitely ask them
directly, I find them/SAC very open to helping communities.  But yes it
takes time to discuss all that with them, and test, and configure, so a
commitment/champion is for sure needed.

I hope that helps,

-jeff