[OpenLayers-Users] question about overlays

Scott Davis scott at davisworld.org
Wed Apr 11 15:43:06 EDT 2007

GeoServer has some really nice SLD examples.

If you download the latest <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/
geoserver/geoserver-1.5.0-RC4-bin.zip>, it includes the Jetty web
server. Just change to geoserver/bin and type ./startup.sh. GeoServer
is Java based -- you'll need at least JDK 1.4 installed in order to
run it, but other than that you have no other external dependencies.

Once it is running, check out <http://localhost:8888/geoserver/
preview/topp_states.html>. It's funny that you mention population --
this map is a choropleth based on exactly that value.

<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDOC/OGC+SLD+Explanations+and
+Samples> gives you many more SLD examples of the copy/n/paste variety.

Cheers,

Scott Davis
scott at davisworld.org