[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Layers blocks excution?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jun 5 00:29:19 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:10:00AM +0800, Jackey Cheung wrote:
> I don't know how OL sends out queries. If tile by tile with proper bbox,
> there should be less than 100 (max.) pairs per tile; if it queries the
> whole display area, there should be less than 1000 (avg.) pairs. However,
> besides the coordinate, two more attribute data is queried, but I don't see
> any impact by that.

What version of OpenLayers are you using? WFS in 2.4 is greatly
improved, and specifically, it only sends out one request, rathre than
requesting in 'tiles'. I think upgrading to the latest version will
actually be far more useful to you than using something older.

If you are using 2.4, example HTML would be useful to help debug:
perhaps there is something pathological in your dataset as well, so a
link to the server might be useful, but I have a feeling just upgrading
so that you're dealing with one request instead of 30 would be very
useful.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta