[OpenLayers-Users] Legality of OpenLayers and Google --> Show company location

Pfirter Lukas lp at rpag.ch
Fri Jun 15 10:35:29 EDT 2007

Hello,

I wonder if anyone of you has used OpenLayers together with Google Maps
on a company website yet...
We're doing experiments with OpenLayers and have done some testing with
the Google Map implementation. With OpenLayers, there shouldnt be a
problem to use it in a business environment, right?
But with Google Maps...
I went to the Google site and read trough both agreements, the "Google
Terms of Service" and the "Google Maps Terms and Conditions". Among
other things I found the following statement: "You may not use the
imagery in any commercial or business environment or for any commercial
or business purposes for yourself or any third parties". Does that mean
that I can't display it on my company site or just, that I can't sell a
product containing the Google Map implementation?
There was another statement (I don't see it now) which said that I can
only use Google Maps "as is", does that mean packing it inside
OpenLayers isn't legal for productive use?
Well I hope some of you can give me a hint on how to realize this or on
where I can get the confirmation that the use of GoogleMaps / OpenLayers
on my company website is legal.
Thanks

Lucas