[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers 2.5 Final Release

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 9 14:31:53 EDT 2007

OpenLayers 2.5 Release Announcement

The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce the final release
of OpenLayers 2.5.  This release features a number of major
developments, including:

 * Date Line Wrapping: Tiles wrap around the earth
 * New/Improved Formats:
   * KML
   * GeoRSS Simple
   * GeoJSON
 * New/Improved Feature Digitization:
   * Control to Drag Features
   * Control to Modify Features
   * RegularPolygon drawing/creation Support
 * SphericalMercator support on commercial layers
 * Tons and tons of bug fixes!

We have also begun to move towards deprecating some of our outdated
functionality. For information on that, and other important changes to
the library before updating your applications, please refer to the
Release Notes, at http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.5/Notes .

As of this final release, the !OpenLayers 2.5 release closes 190
outstanding tickets[1], more than any other OpenLayers release to date!
For this we are indebted to the many members of the community, and
especially the hard work of organizations like The Open Planning Project
via Tim Schaub and a number of developers like Pierre Giraud, Eric
Lemoine, and Fred Junrod of the Camptocamp team, as well as continued
support from Chris Schmidt and Erik Uzureau of MetaCarta. Many thanks to
these valuable contributors, and all the others who have helped make
this release possible!

The OpenLayers.js hosted at

  <script src="http://openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js"></script>

has now been changed to use the 2.5 API.

As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/.
Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.5 version and milestone.

We look forward to your feedback!

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/query?status=closed&resolution=fixed&group=component&milestone=2.5+Release&order=status

Regards,

The OpenLayers Team