[OpenLayers-Users] WFS reprojection problems for 900913

Andrea Aime aaime at openplans.org
Sat Oct 27 13:30:57 EDT 2007

louvy.joseph at gmail.com ha scritto:
> I could get WMS reprojected correctly for google base layer but I am
> having problems with WFS reprojection though. Has any body attempted?
> (If I can get the WFS reprojected proper, then the WMS does not work).
>
> My data in postgis is in 4326 projection. Irrespective of whatever I do
> on geoserver, my wfs data still ends up showing in 4326 projection. The
> WMS is fine though.
>
> Then I tried converting all my postgis source data itself into 900913;
> then I get wfs shown fine but my wms is blank tiles.
>
> Summary is that: I can't get both WMS & WFS reprojected properly to
> 900913. Has anybody done this? If so, what is the configuration & settings?
>
> (BTW, I tried both geoesver 1.5.3 and geoserver-1.6-beta3. Also I tried
> 4326 & 900913 as the SRS for featureType in geoserver but to no use).

Hmmm... the situation is a mixed bag.
1.5.3 has support for 900913, but the projection is not implemented
correctly and result are a bit off, even for WMS. Moreover, 1.5.3
implements only WFS 1.0 that has no support for reprojection (that's
a protocol limitation).

1.6.0beta3 has a correct reprojection for WMS, and can reproject
data in WFS for WFS 1.1, but I'm not sure about WFS 1.0 (we were
in mid air trying to add reprojection to it as well, even if the
protocol does not support it natively).
1.6.0beta4, that you can already download from sf, should have
both of them working correctly for WMS, WFS 1.1 and WFS 1.0.

If you have more problems, don't hesitate to contact us on the
GeoServer users mailing list or on the IRC channel.

Cheers
Andrea Aime