[OpenLayers-Users] A few new graphics options for openlayers controls

Dane Blakely Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Wed Oct 31 00:13:00 EDT 2007

Openlayers Users:

I've put together several new .png graphics that provide an alternate
look and feel for openlayers controls. I've posted examples and a
link to download them for anyone that is interested (see below).

Aside from the vector editing tools all the controls (ranging from
the zoom slider bar to the overview map opener) are made up of
small .png icons which are stored, by default, within the "Openlayers/
img" directory.

To try these out simply unzip the "img.zip" file and replace the
contents of the "img" folder in your working Openlayers directory.
Note: I did not modify ALL the png icons, but I DID include both the
modified and unmodified icons in the attached folder. So, nothing
should disappear on you if you just switch out the folders....

I've got a couple other icon sets I'd like to design. The attached
are a draft first go at making icons - they are a "Aqua-ish" set
somewhat like Mac icons. Undoubtedly some people love this kind of
thing and others puke (I'm somewhere in between). If you tend to puke
looking at these colors, I'd be interested to hear what you do like.
It would be great to eventually have a variety of icon sets to pull
from that could easily be toggled/switched with css or in the main
openlayers page.

Cheers,

Dane

ps. From a developer standpoint when I was making these it occurred
to me that it would be more logical if there were a
"drag_rectangle_minus" tool or a click to zoom out tool rather than
simply a drag_rectangle_off setting. Would that be easy?

Here are the LINKS:

http://dev.riverchange.org/openlayers/mini_controls.html

http://dev.riverchange.org/openlayers/standard_controls.html

http://dev.riverchange.org/openlayers/img.zip