[OpenLayers-Users] External image transparency

Andy Dale andy.dale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:10:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I want to create OpenLayers.Feature.Vector object setting an external image
to each one via the externalGraphic style property.

I can set the externalGraphic without any problems, but i have issues with
the image not being transparent, even though it is when i use it in a WMS
layer (I created in as transparent in the gimp also).  To get the graphic I
am issuing a getLegendGraphic request to a Geoserver instance running.

externalGraphic: "<webaddress>/geoserver/wms/GetLegendGraphic?VERSION=
1.0.0&FORMAT=image/png&WIDTH=20&HEIGHT=20&TRANSPARENT=true&STYLE=symbol2&LAYER=topp:point
",

Is there something i need to set in the style for the Vector to get
transparency, I currently only have externalGraphic, graphicHeight, and
graphicWidth set.  What is displayed is the correct image contained in a 20
X 20 white square (i just want to remove the white square), is this an
openlayers issue, or a geoserver one ?

Cheers,

Andy