[OpenLayers-Users] Need for pan mode when digitizing a feature near map edge

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 03:18:07 EDT 2007

Hello,

I agree with you that the best way to let the user digitizing outside
the current visible extent is to allow drag pan while digitizing.
We wrote this on top of the old sandbox vector code for a customer
specific project because the "automatic pan when cursor is close to
map edge" was actually too conflicting.

As said by Chris, we are interested in having this functionnality in
the trunk someday. Though, it is not scheduled and not a priority.

Feel free to open a ticket for that and patches are graciously accepted.
Developpers noe : this functionnality may be incompatible with freehand drawing.

Regards

Pierre