[OpenLayers-Users] WMS overlay is shifted in OL 2.5

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Sep 24 12:05:15 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 07:57:25AM -0700, HarryS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a WGS84 (epsg:4326) WMS layer as overlay for OL. In OL 2.4 it was
> overlayed correctly on Google, Yahoo and MSN layers. Today I tried OL 2.5
> and now the WMS-overlay has a linear shift of some kilometers to the Google,
> Yahoo and MSN layers. Over other Kamap layers (also epsg:4326) the WMS-layer
> still shows up correctly.

"The 'reproject' option on WMS layers caused a number of problems by
being turned on by default. As a result, this has been turned off by
default. If you are using WMS layers over Google layers, you can
re-enable the 'reproject' option by setting the option on the layer to
true."

-- http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.5/Notes

> 2nd question:
>
> Would a transparent Kamap-layer (epsg:4326) now (with OL 2.5) show up
> correctly over a Google-Layer ? (with OL 2.4 it was not possible due to the
> different projections)

The Spherical Mercator layer type works with ka-Map, but will require
different setup -- different projection. See
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SphericalMercator for some more info.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta