[OpenLayers-Users] Strange behavior with LineString feature on Vector Layer with 2.6 Trunk IE only

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Apr 10 10:56:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 08:04:16AM -0600, Linda Rawson wrote:
> This is new in 2.6.  It does not happen in 2.5.  The only thing that I
> notice is that the lines are thicker in 2.5 and I don't know if that
> is what is making the difference.  I am trying to come up with an
> example but I have lots of layers and I have yet to figure out what is
> causing the problem.  I had a similar problem in 2.5 when the minimum
> resolution was not setting on calculateinrange on the layer.  But that
> is not the problem with 2.6.  It is as though at the higher zoom
> levels the lines just can't show up because they are being resized too
> small.  Markers show up just fine but the vector lines do not.

Okay, this doesn't sound beyond the realm of possibility. We changed
thickness of lines in 2.6 from being calculated in points to being in
pixels.

Can you reproduce a minimal example of this, so that we can try and get
it fixed?

Andreas, I think this could be related to your VML change.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta