[OpenLayers-Users] Best practices

Emmanuel BELO emmanuel.belo at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 17 05:55:25 EDT 2008

Dear Lists,

doing OpenLayers and MapFish project with a growing team of coworkers
and users, we came to the question: how to involve new staff fast and
efficient in the project.

The learning method, trying by yourself and studying examples is
possible, but leads to ask yourself and resolve problems already solved.

So we think, a wiki page that contains best practices would be useful.

I started a draft page, that will contain central information for
MapFish project. This page will contain display tips, map server tips,
caching tips, database tips, infrastructure tips and so on as everything
is related.

I would like to know, if you would find an interest to put on OL wiki,
OL specific best practices. The 2 pages would then be linked for easy
access to all the information. Help in maintaining this wiki page would
be nice.

See http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/wiki/HowToOptimize

Best regards,

Emmanuel