[OpenLayers-Users] Using Aerial photos

MilesTogoe miles.togoe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:57:02 EST 2008

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi,
> MilesTogoe píše v Po 18. 02. 2008 v 17:19 -0700:
>
>> I want to use an aerial photo as the base map - I have lat/long
>> coordinates for the map corners.  What is the best way to use this if I
>> don't know the projection (since it is only 10 square kilometers
>> projection corrections should be minimal.  What is the best way to load
>> this map - tile cache with a single tile ? What is a good projection to
>> use ?
>>

> afaik, if you have corner coordinates of the photo, they have to be in
> some projection already. If the are in lon/lat, you can use openlayers
> default projection epsg:4326 (WGS84).
>
> I would use single file, for the image display. it is imho the easiest
> way, how to put some data on the screen.

I've used the image example and set the projection to epsg:4326 in the
options but if I change the bounds to the lat lon  values, the image
disappears and the x,y coordinates on the map control do not show the
lat lon values (should it ? or does the control just show screen
coordinates ?).  Does anyone have a sample code of a single projected
image ?