[OpenLayers-Users] Displaying Multiple Markers from Database

hkmhrns hkmhrns at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:39:58 EDT 2008

Heir guys.
I tried to post a new thread, but I didn't know how to, so in advance-
sorry.  I have something very similar to this project going on right now and
I need some help. We are using MS Access atm, but we're in the process of
moving all our db side to MySQL.. With Access we were using MapInfo for the
mapping side of our systems and we're able to change the lat/long of any
given point in both Access and MapInfo, and it reflects these changes in
both. Our MapInfo programs road maps are pretty outdated, and our Access
program is growing too big for it to function properly- hints the change to
MySQL & ??Mapping program that's not 10 jillion dollars, but has tools that
are similar to what MapInfo has?? (tools: zoom, selector, radius generator,
has layers, able to pull info from the map program and read in the MySQL.
side, etc. Nothing too crazy- just some basic stuff, a lot of which I've
already seen in some OpenLayers examples. In some of our tables we may have
a couple thousand points, but we wouldn't want to see them all at once
necessarily. All's I need to find is a mapping program that will work well
with MySQL. tables to where one will reflect the other, and if something
needs to be changed (data point with lat/long you can do it in either the
mapping side, or the db side. Cost is of course an issue as well- not too
pricey, or free like OpenLayers, but just needs to be slapped together. I'd
appreciate any comments on what to use, or where to go from here. Also, if
this isn't quite clear please let me know.