[OpenLayers-Users] Externally toggle a marker's popup

aschwartz aschwartz at solidworks.com
Fri Jun 13 16:25:56 EDT 2008

Alan Boudreault wrote:

> create a JS function to toggle this marker easily by setting
> something like: href="javascript:toggleMyMarker();"

Hi Alan,

I understand what I need to get done, like to keep track of the markers in
an array, and access them and tell them to toggle their popup, but I just
cannot figure out how to call that popup's toggle() method. I have put the
code up here (http://solidworks.pastebin.com/f76b5d6ed) .

You can see line 67 calls addmarkers() on body load. Also line 135 is where
the link to the person is created in that while loop, for each positive
search result. I already have it calling a method in that   tag using
javascript, "javascript:popupOnClick()" , but am not sure what to put in
that method to properly drill down to the level of being able to call
toggle. Any help would be appreciated.

-Alex