[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeatureInfo request displayed in popup

Nina Helle-Mildt helle at sdac.hannover.bgr.de
Thu Jun 19 05:27:55 EDT 2008

Hi to all,

I'm trying to get a GetFeatureInfo request displayed in an
AnchoredBubble popup. But all I can achieve at the moment is a popup
with a placeholder for my GetFeaturInfo request saying [object Object].

   var createPopup = function(response) {
	var lonlat = seis.map.getLonLatFromViewPortPx(this.xy);
	var popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.AnchoredBubble(
		" ",lonlat, null, response, null, true);
	map.addPopup(popup, true /* exclusive */);
	popup.setBackgroundColor("#c1cdc1");
    };

    map.events.register('click', map, function (e) {
	OpenLayers.Util.getElement('nodeList').innerHTML =
		"Einen Moment bitte ...";
	var url =  seis.getFullRequestString({
                             REQUEST: "GetFeatureInfo",
                             EXCEPTIONS: "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml",
                             BBOX: seis.map.getExtent().toBBOX(),
                             X: e.xy.x,
                             Y: e.xy.y,
                             INFO_FORMAT: 'text/html',
                             QUERY_LAYERS: seis.params.LAYERS,
                             WIDTH: seis.map.size.w,
                             HEIGHT: seis.map.size.h
             });
             OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', e, createPopup);
             OpenLayers.Event.stop(e);
     });

How I can achieve that?

By the way, is it possible to use a google maps base layer as map in the
OverviewMap control?

Thanks a lot,
Nina