[OpenLayers-Users] How to use the SelectFeature Control's select method without triggering onSelect

dukie myjiang at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 09:51:12 EDT 2008

I am relatively new to OpenLayers, and having fun with it.

I run into an issue that I am sure someone here may have already run into.

I am trying to set up 2-way communication between a vector layer and a query
results list.

What happens is that hovering over a feature (hover:true) or click on a
feature, the onSelect
event is triggered, which enables me to triggers a select (highlight) on a
row in my feature list.
Selecting multiple features (using clicks) allows me to select multiple rows
in my list.

Now I want to get the reverse done.  When selecting rows from my feature
list, I want the
corresponding features to become selected.  The problem is that every time a
feature
become selected, it triggers its onSelect AGAIN,   interfering with what I
am doing on the list.

Is there a way to use the SelectFeature's select method from code without
triggering the onSelect
event ?

Thanks in Advance.