[OpenLayers-Users] browser does not support vector rendering message

Adorian Ardelean mynature at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:27:17 EDT 2008

Hi to all and thanx for the prompt reply,

I looks like I am not using the last version. Revision number in one of the
files I have used is 6088 and I see from the last download that this number
is currently 6819.
Sorry for trouble. The code worked perfectly under FF2 but under FF3
failed...and then suggestion from Kenneth helped.

Now switching to last download (2.6. stable) the whole thing is not
functional again (no error message I can trace yet) but since the
application is large and uses prototype and other libraries I think I will
have to separate all and test where is the conflict or if this is due to
"my" ol code. But this is another story...

This is indeed a very active project a key to its success. I am so
impressed.

All the best,
Adorian

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> Hi Adorian,
>
> I've coded site using vector-editing functionality, and had the same error
> after installing ff3, BUT was running OL-2.5.
>
> After upgrading to 2.6 the error was gone (though off course there were
> some other 'upgrading-issues' in my code ;-)
>
> So: I think you're still on 2.6.
>
> In firebug, if you 'Watch' the variable OpenLayers.VERSION_NUMBER it shows
> '$Revision 6819' with me (this is a 2.6 release downloaded yesterday).
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> Adorian Ardelean wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been playing with openlayers merging some examples from openlayers
>> site (especially code for drawing points, lines, polygons etc.). All worked
>> fine under FF 2. However, under the new FF3 I receive a message telling:
>>
>> "Your browser does not support vector rendering. Currently supported
>> renderers are:
>> SVG VML"
>>
>> I am using the OL 2.6.
>>
>> The message particularly gets triggered when I choose one of the tools for
>> drawing vectors on map.
>>
>> I understood that a similar message occured in Safari.
>> Are solutions around this? Or things that I should avoid in code so this
>> message does not appear?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Adi

Dr. Adorian Ardelean