[OpenLayers-Users] Google-like tiles in an example

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Mar 4 22:18:51 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 06:16:44PM -0800, Coryat wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Actually, the hardest part was figuring out what version to use, I was a bit
> confused by the different builds, the example I was trying to follow had a
> Projection.js but the stable version didn't. I can only assume that this is
> part of 2.6, is that the case?

Yep. Projection code is in what is currently 'trunk', which will become
2.6 reasonably soon. http://openlayers.org/dev/lib/OpenLayers.js and
/dev/examples/* are running a 'current' checkout, always.
http://dev.openlayers.org/nightly/OpenLayers.js is running a trunk build
from 1AM eastern, always. http://openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js is
running the most recent stable build (and getting to a stable build is a
long process for us).

> I'm going to be expanding on this simple example, so if there was a better
> way of converting WGS84 lat/long coordinates into map positions in
> OpenLayers, now would be the time to know.

I think everything you've done is the same way I would go about doing
it, so at the very least you're not too far off the mark :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta