[OpenLayers-Users] Mouseposition div

Andy Dale andy.dale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:40:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have an extracted all the javascript that is used for displaying the map
into a separate .js file.  This works very well, the only problem being
that, I cannot figure out how to set the mouseposition control to be in a
separate div.  I initialize the control like so:

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition({element: $('mydiv')}));

where mydiv will exist on every page i use the map on.  As an experiment i
include all the JavaScript contained within the external javascript in head
section, and the MousePosition is displayed in the correct div.

Is there a way to set the div for the mouse position if you are including
the javascript to display the map as an external file ??

Thanks in advance,

Andy