[OpenLayers-Users] Problems embedding OpenLayers in a Blog

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Wed Dec 23 07:37:46 EST 2009

Hi Mike,

I am pretty sure that you aren't allowed to acces datasources via
XHR/AJAX from other servers than the one the original page is served from.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_origin_policy

Just a quick guess, though.

regards,
Marc

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have attempted to embed openlayers in a blog post,
> and am failing! Any help would be appreciated.
>
> using osm data hosted OSM data on archive.org
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2009/12/test-embed.html
>
> here is get a octet bytestream because archive org does not say the
> right filetype.
> http://ia341335.us.archive.org/2/items/ZCTA_NJ/zip_07003.poly.osm this
> returns a 206 partial content and fails.
>
> in a pastebin file that is delivered as text:
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2009/12/hosting-on-pastebin.html
> Date	Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:15:43 GMT
> Server	Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_python/2.7.10 Python/2.3.4
> PHP/4.3.10-22 mod_perl/1.29
> X-Powered-By	PHP/4.3.10-22
> Content-Disposition	attachment; filename="f28514ba0.txt"
> Keep-Alive	timeout=15, max=100
> Connection	Keep-Alive
> Transfer-Encoding	chunked
> Content-Type	text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>
> So the problem might be the attachment...
>
> and that data from osm directly again on pastebin,
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2009/12/osm-data-from-xml-output-on-pastebin.html
> data is here :http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f290d5ea6 it returns a 200 ok.
> It returns an :	text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 but does not render.
> But there is still nothing there
>
> from osm directly
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2009/12/get-osm-data-directly.html
> firebug says :no element found
>
> And my last try was to put the code from osm on the page directly,
> also not rendering but the xml is loading.
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2009/12/test-of-osm-server.html
>
> but nothing is working
>
> would appreciate any tips and help
> thanks
> mike

  Dipl.-Geogr. Marc Jansen
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Irmintrudisstraße 17
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
  Fax:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email:  jansen at terrestris.de
  Web:    http://www.terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin:  terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams