[OpenLayers-Users] IE 6 chokes on "var featureId = node._featureId; " in getFeatureIdFromEvent(). What's up with that?

palewire ben.welsh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:20:03 EST 2009

Here's my problem. I've wired up a basic map. Google layer. Plus a feature
layer with a polygon loaded in via WKT. I have an editing tool bar so that
the user can, right away, grab the polygon and start moving it around.

It works perfectly in Firefox, Safari and Opera. But Internet Explorer is
throwing a "Failed" error as soon as the user grabs one of the vertices and
tries to drag it.

My JavaScript is validating perfectly in JSLint. I've run it through the
debugging suite in Microsoft Visual Web Developer, where it's catching on
the following line:

"var featureId = node._featureId;"

What could possibly be causing that? Is there some pitfall I'm overlooking?

Lifelines appreciated, per usual.