[OpenLayers-Users] Mouseclick position in IE6

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Tue Jul 21 03:45:36 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I have a map in a document with a somewhat complicated layout. Unfortunately I
don't have the possibility to influence the layout to clean up things. See
http://www.miselerland.lu/strasse-der-roemer for the page, down at the bottom
is the map.

There is a shift of 40px to the left when the mouse position gets determined
for IE6. Are there any known issues with IE6 and position determination? Its
probably some CSS issue, but I am not a guru, so I am not into all the CSS
bugs of IE6.

And if not, where can I patch/hack my OL to implement the negative pixel in x
direction? I thought, Events.js->getMouseposition would be good for a start.
But I fear to break more than repair when I substract some value from the
determined mouse position for IE6.

Many thanks
Frank
--