[OpenLayers-Users] Blog post: Erdas IWS Server & ECWP for OpenLayers

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Thu Jun 11 19:34:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Nearly old news now (one week old), but I thought it might be worth
mentioning: Erdas has a blog post about OpenLayers: [1]. It might be of
interest to some people using IWS and ECWP layers.

Article:

    *OpenLayers and Image Web Server*

    June 05, 2009

    OpenLayers is an extremely popular framework for creating
    web-browser based mapping applications.

    A developer in our Perth, Australia office, Chris Tapley, has
    created a "ECWP Layer Type" for OpenLayers.  So, if you are using,
    or want to use, OpenLayers, you can now easily add an ECWP layer.

    An example of this can be found
    at: http://iws.erdas.com/OpenLayers_and_iws.htm

    If you want to create your own OpenLayers / ECWP enabled maps you
    can download the code:  openlayers_and_iws.zip
    <http://iws.erdas.com/users/18/openlayers_and_iws.zip>.

    You can use any of the layers on iws.erdas.com for your web maps
    experiments.

    Have fun, and let us know how you get on.

[1] http://iws.erdas.com/gis/openlayers-and-image-web-server.aspx

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.