[OpenLayers-Users] Error displaying map in IE8 - VML.js

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 12 10:23:16 EDT 2009

I'm testing with that patch in the application I'm currently working on
and for the most part it is a big improvement.  The one remaining issue
I'm seeing is feature labels don't show up in IE7 with the document in
IE7 standards mode.  Labels do show up in IE7 in quirks mode though.
(Isn't it wonderful that IE gives us so many combinations to screw up
with ...)

Even so, I would urge this patch get into 2.8 because it is a bug with
existing code, the patch fixes most of the issue and we know there will
be many questions on the lists about it if it doesn't go in.

Mike