[OpenLayers-Users] Call Mapfile layer with Openlayers when status ON or OFF

Paul Curran paulcurran9 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:44:07 EDT 2009

Hi

I can view my UK Layer via Mapserver with the following
url: 'ms4w/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=c:mapdirectory*&layer=uk'.* The
*&layer=uk *is calling my layer.

However I can’t find any documentation on how to call the layer when viewing
my map within OpenLayers.

I am currently trying to call the layer like this:

var map, layer1, layer2;

var options = { maxExtent: bounds, maxResolution: 600, numZoomLevels: 10};

layer1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("OpenLayers WMS",

"http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?", { layers: "uk", map:
'/ms4w/apps/openlayers-2.5/data/uk2.map',

minZoomLevel: 1, maxZoomLevel: 4 },

      { gutter: 15 });

layer2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("OpenLayers WMS",

"http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?", { layers: "250", map:
'/ms4w/apps/openlayers-2.5/data/uk2.map',

minZoomLevel: 5, maxZoomLevel: 10},

      { gutter: 15 });

      map.addLayer(uk, 250);

      map.zoomToExtent(bounds);

      map.setCenter(bounds);

      map.zoomToMaxExtent();

However I am just seeing pink tiles within OpenLayers.

Note: If my layers are set to default within my Mapfile all my layers are
displayed.

Thanks for any help in advance

Paul