[OpenLayers-Users] line modify crashes safari

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jan 6 21:12:33 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 11:43:37PM +0000, Wendell Turner wrote:
> Modifying a drawn feature on this example crashes the Safari
> browser on both Macs and Windows.
>
>   http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/examples/snapping.html
>
> Does OpenLayers intend to support Safari for this?

There isn't a deliberate decision not to support Safari here.

I feel like I played with this example in Safari 3 and it worked; however,
I'm now running Safari4, and I can confirm that it crashes.

The fact that it crashes the browser is obviously a browser bug,
and should probably be reported as such. However, that doesn't mean
that we shouldn't try to improve the behavior in OpenLayers; patches welcome.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta