[OpenLayers-Users] Google + WMS = misalign

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Fri Jan 8 14:06:21 EST 2010

> As to your problem: Are you sure the transformation from whatever projection
> your data was originally in to the sphericalMercator is done correctly by
> whatever mapserving software you have?

I was wondering about that too. Hrm. This is MapServer and PROJ.4 The
original data is in EPSG:23031, which is UTM zone 31N with some European
datum.

My PROJ EPSG file has this for 900913:
+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
+k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +no_defs

Now, example 1:
    http://eixos.planol.info/icc/
The two basemaps are from someone else's server in EPSG:23031, and the
two overlays are from two more servers, one of them (Comerc) being our
own. Nice alignment, indicating that our definition for 23031 must be right.

Then there's the Google one:
    http://eixos.planol.info/google/
With the above definition for 900913, the reprojection should happen
properly, no?

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."