[OpenLayers-Users] Google + WMS = misalign

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Fri Jan 8 14:27:30 EST 2010

>     http://eixos.planol.info/icc/
> The two basemaps are from someone else's server in EPSG:23031, and the
> two overlays are from two more servers, one of them (Comerc) being our
> own. Nice alignment, indicating that our definition for 23031 must be right.
No, it doesn't prove that. It only shows that the transform from the other
servers' projection  (23031) to yours is correct. And isn't your comerc
server also in 23031? So no reprojection needed?

> My PROJ EPSG file has this for 900913:
> +proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
> +k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +no_defs
> Then there's the Google one:
>     http://eixos.planol.info/google/
> With the above definition for 900913, the reprojection should happen
> properly, no?
I don't know the PROJ4 format very well, but in that def I see no datum
info. And also the def for 23031 would need the datum defined, and the datum
transform from that datum to google's one should also be defined somewhere
in the Proj4 lib. Maybe some Proj4 expert has an idea...?

Barend

Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.