[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with WFS proxy.cgi

moataz Elmasry zaza1851983ml at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 12:26:41 EST 2010

Hello List

I know that this topic has been visited many times

I'm aware of the following pages:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost
http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/examples/proxy.cgi
and the threads:
http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2006-November/000158.html
http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2009-September/013890.html

I created a web project under eclipse and I'm running tomcat also under
eclipse as a server. geoserver is also used standealone
I followed the steps in the many tutorials
1- uncomment the cgi servlet block and the mapping block
2- rename the servlet jar
3- put the proxy.cgi file under WEB-INF/cgi
4- I also copied that same proxy.cgi under cgi-bin/ (i.e. two copies of
proxy.cgi, I know its probably wrong, but I got confused with the tutorials)
5- both proxy.cgi are made executable with chmod
6- when I run localhost:8080/myproject/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi I get the
content of that file not the openlayers page

The file exists, only its not executed
Any points what can I do?

Best regards
5- Now when I call