[OpenLayers-Users] Performance of different layers

Rahn Hanno (rahn) rahn at zhaw.ch
Thu Mar 25 02:52:08 EDT 2010

Hello,

This helps, Thank you Bryan.
But can you give me some details about the performance? Do you think it will be better to use an WMS Service with UMN or Geoserver or so, or is it better to show kml, gml, geojson. If I use this I don't need a Mapserver , right? But do you think it will be much faster to "build and show" the map in the browser with this version?

Thank you
Greetings
Hanno Rahn

Hanno Rahn, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Geoinformatik
ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen
Fachstelle Geoinformatik
Grüental, Postfach CH-8820 Wädenswil
Tel +41 (0)58 934 5592
Fax +41 (0)58 934 5580