[OpenLayers-Users] Custom Layer From Non Standard Map Server

kapuch kapusta.marcin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:03:26 EDT 2011

Hi OpenLayers users

I want to create some Layer for some kind of map server. This is not Tile
server or WMS. I don't know is this posiible with OpenLayers so I ask first.

The server is accepting the following url parameters:
xRes=800&yRes=600&latTopLeft=50.0&lonTopLeft=0.0&latBottomRight=20.0&lonBottomRight=40

So we have such variables:
xRes - this is the returning image width in pixels
yRes - this is the returning image height in pixels
latTopLeft - latitude in degrees of the top left corner of the returned
image
lonTopLeft - longitude in degrees of the top left corner of the returned
image
latBottomRight - latitude in degrees of the bottom right corner of the
returned image
lonBottomRight - longitude in degrees of the bottom right corner of the
returned image

The server returning png image in dimensions specified in parameters xRes
and yRes.

Now I want To use it in OpenLayers Map. Does somebody can help me start with
this. What OpenLayer.Layer class should I extend for this server?